Thursday 23 March 2006

OddBabble's Strange Dreamworld #3

Originally posted 23/03/06

So it's moving day, and I'm walking into my new flat....and there is a strange young man with a beard in there.
"Who are you?"
"Oh, sorry, Chris said you were moving in today"
As I think to myself "who the heck is Chris?" he gestures to the glass door and, sure enough, there is 'Chris', with several of his friends, laughing around a table. As I look, several other people are filing in behind me.
"Have you come to help me unpack?" I ask. They laugh as they exhibit all of the cultural characteristics of 'having a party'.
"Fine" I think, and leave them to it, walking into a room to find one of my 'guests' has sliced open a huge tube of brown acrylic paint with a knife and is...."d...don't y...ou're.....t...TREADING IT INTO MY NEW BEIGE CARPET!"
It's too late. "Fine" I think "it'll come out with some sort of solvent.....or something."
I go into my new kitchen. Great! People are unpacking boxes for me!....and...putting everything into completely illogical places where I will never find them again...I go into my study (study! If only!) Hey! There's Anna, great! Oh, but she looks a bit moody.
"You're just constantly drunk."
"What?! I'm not drunk! I just drove here!"
"I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed." She says as she walks out of the room superciliously.
I decide to lock myself into an empty room. I look out of the window. I turn around again and find that the door has been forced open by.....a massive group of pentecostals who have come to have their meeting here! What?!"Fine" I think, as I go and find my bedroom. But I hadn't realised before that all of the flats were ajoined by internal doors. Every door I open leads me to someone else's flat. Now I can't even find my own flat again! All I want to do is lie down in a quiet room......I believe this is an example of what psychologists call an 'anxiety dream'.

1 comment:

OddBabble said...

You think thats bad! I had a dream where i needed to go to the toliet, and went inot the mens room. and all the cubicals were in use and all the urinals, then i keep running on and on to find space but there wasnt, then all the places to go turned into sinks and the door disapeared!!

By Jonny:), at Thu Mar 23, 12:58:00 PM 2006