Friday 20 November 2009

A Day in the Life

I was going to write this as a Facebook update, but it was too long, so it's going here:



Today I left the flat at 8:30 am and returned home at 8:30 pm. During that time I took 6 buses, 5 trains, 3 tubes and 1 DLR, and walked many miles pulling a wheely shopper containing 13 books, 4 large puppets, 16 finger puppets, some plasticine, some art materials, loads of sheets of important paper and some miscellaneous objects.

I gave 100% of my concentration and empathy counselling 3 troubled children and 3 troubled adults, and was a client myself in an expensive, tearful session.

Of these 12 hours, I was paid for 3, and spent 72% of that wage doing the above.

I am tired. I am post CYFA camp tired. Brother, sisters, do you hear me? Holler!

No comments: